SCM Europe can provide training in the theory curriculum alone and this is presented over a minimum of 12 hours.
With the Theory Only Course, the full SCM Europe curriculum must be taught.
Participants must pass a written test, with a minimum 90% proficiency required. The maximum instructor to participant ratio is 1:18.
The curriculum includes, but is not limited to:
- Rationale for Training
- Understanding Individuals
- Identifying & Understanding Behaviours of Concern
- Universal Principles & Practices
- Prevention Strategies
- De-escalation Strategies (non-restrictive tertiary interventions)
- Function-Based Behaviour Support Planning
- After Incident Procedures